Knee Pain Relief That Works Fast
- by Karl
The proper functioning of the knee is essential to our most basic activities. Knee pain is common and can become chronic. Though most knee pain does not need surgery, it can be just as disabling as those requiring surgery. Chronic knee pain can be divided into those causes occurring outside the knee joint space and those causes within the joint space.
Omaha Integrated Health is a state-of-the-art wellness center that offers an integrated approach to health and healing. Our experienced professionals use the latest techniques and technologies to help you achieve your goals. Whether you’re looking to reduce pain, improve your energy level, or just feel better overall, Omaha Integrated Health can help. Call us today!
Chronic pain inside the knee joint can be caused by:
- Arthritis, which causes the joint to swell and deteriorate. Arthritis pain is caused by the lining of the knee being inflamed.
- An anterior cruciate ligament or ACL injury. This is a tear in the main knee ligament that joins the upper leg bone with the lower leg bone. The ACL helps greatly to keep the knee stable, with pain, knee joint swelling and unsteadiness being symptoms of this injury. Surgery is required for serious athletes or tears that don’t respond to treatment.
- A meniscus tear. The meniscus is a rubbery disc that cushions your knee joint. Each knee has two of these discs, and they balance and cushion your weight across the knee. A meniscus tear can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily. A torn meniscus almost always causes pain and swelling of the knee. As in ACL tears, surgery is required only for serious athletes, or tears that don’t respond to treatment.
If you’re looking for a knee specialist in Omaha, NE, look no further than Omaha Integrated Health. We offer comprehensive care for all types of knee pain, from sports injuries to arthritis. Our team of experts will work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your needs and helps you get back to your everyday life. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Chronic pain outside the knee joint can be caused by:
- Tendonitis, pain which occurs because the tendons controlling the knee joint’s movement are chronically inflamed. This result of overuse, misuse or injury, comprises a significant number of chronic knee pain cases. Pain after prolonged activity is the most common complaint.
- Torn ligaments. The ligaments supporting the knee from the inside of the joint and outside of the joint can be torn in a fall, playing sports, or in an accident. The most common symptom is pain directly over the ligament. Swelling over the torn ligament may appear, and bruising is common 1 to 2 days after the injury. In more severe injuries, patients may complain that the knee feels unstable, or as though their knee may ‘give out’.
- Knee Bursitis, a common cause of swelling and pain on top of the kneecap. This condition is associated with individuals whose work requires kneeling for extended periods of time. Knee bursitis is common in professions such as carpet layers and hobbies such as gardening. The symptoms of knee bursitis include swelling over the kneecap, and limited, painful movement of the knee.
Knee pain can be debilitating, preventing you from doing the things you love. If you’re looking for relief, Omaha Integrated Health can help. We offer comprehensive treatment plans tailored to your specific needs, so you can get back to living life to the fullest. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!
When considering treatment, the Feldenkrais practitioner recognizes the knee is a complicated hinge joint:
- the knee hinge is dependent on proper hip function as it shares the same long bone
- the long bone of the hip must sit on the knee in a way which prevents wear and tear
- the ankle/foot also share long bones with the knee
- the knee hinge is therefore also dependent on stable foot and ankle function
Omaha Integrated Health
13906 Gold Cir Suite #200, Omaha, NE 68144
The proper functioning of the knee is essential to our most basic activities. Knee pain is common and can become chronic. Though most knee pain does not need surgery, it can be just as disabling as those requiring surgery. Chronic knee pain can be divided into those causes occurring outside the knee joint space and…